AVOID the inconvenience of a declined ATM or debit card transaction
by saying YES to overdraft services.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
· We have standard overdrafts practices that come with your account.
· We offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
· Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
· Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
· ATM transactions
· Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Central Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
· We will charge you a fee up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
· There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Central Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my
ATM and debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 832.485.2515 or complete the form below and submit to Central Bank. A confirmation of your opt in will be mailed.